Friday, February 29, 2008

The Streak Continues...

Day 8 and Gilbert continues to sleep all through the night. Oh yeah!

The only drawback is he now wakes at 5am! But, there is an upside. At least for me. Gil wakes because he's hungry so Kristen has to get up since she has 'the boob'. Dad continues to sleep unabated. How nice is that!

I squeeze in another hour of sleep, wake up, shower, make the bed (because I'm a good hubby) - which I hate doing! - and then I take over while Kristen gets ready for her day. In her defense, she makes my protein shake in the morning. Not her favorite chore either! Ah, the compromise of marriage.

Here is the best part. Gilbert falls back asleep about 7am for a 1 hour power nap, usually in my arms. I put him back in the crib and when he wakes at 8am it is like he's waking for the first time that day.

We get to see those awesome 'morning smiles'. You know those smiles from your child as if they haven't seen you for years and the big ear to ear grin appears. Now that is best way to start the day!

No comments: