Saturday, February 9, 2008

Spartan Nation

Today it is just me and Gil. I went out last night to play poker (2nd place, thank you very much!) with the guys, so Kristen gets time to herself today (okay she's at the Merchandise Mart working on a project, but hey, it can't be equitable all the time!).

So, while away Gil and I played. Kristen dressed him in some of his Spartan gear, courtesy of her childhood friend Amy. Thanks Amy! After some play time a good pull from the bottle, he's currently passed out in the crib. We all know nap time does not last long, so PJ used it wisely doing things guys like to do, you know, laundry, my nails, write thank you cards. Stuff like that. Not!


Instead, I cracked open a man-beverage and some snacks, turned on college basketball and handled raw meat for some grilling tomorrow. Ladies, looking for a good Valentine's gift? Nothing says love like some good marinades and dry rubs. I recommend Penzey's Spices. They have local shops in Chicago, but do mail order. Their spices rock! For dry rubs I recommend the Northwoods, but they have an incredible wide selection. Check them out!

PJ's grill tip of the day. When using dry rubs, sprinkle some oil - I prefer Grapeseed - on the meat. The oil adds some moisture when grilling, especially with lean cuts like pork loin or chicken breasts.

1 comment:

Mama Mia said...

Gil looks adorable in his Go State gear! I'm glad it has been passed down to another Spartan fan.
~Amy