Monday, February 18, 2008

Small Victories

It is very late - or early - depending on your perspective Monday morning. I'm waiting for a conference call that involves both sides of the world, so with the US being in the middle, I get the crappy call-in time (1:30am).

While I'm waiting for the call to start, Gil decided to wake up. Well, partially. He needed to clear the plumbing and was having difficulty. I wanted to get him calmed down and back to sleep before Kristen woke up. Unfortunately, she came in while I was attempting to soothe him. Now, under normal circumstances she'd put him immediately on the boob. You veterans out there know that the sucking motion clears the pipes quickly.

However, I was determined to get him back to sleep since he really wasn't hungry. Well, after a few rounds of anger accompanied by thrashing, Dad prevailed! Gil fell limp and into his usual deep sleep.

Kristen got to go back to bed faster than normal and now I'm going to take my conference call.

VICTORY!

No comments: