Saturday, February 23, 2008

Cabin Fever

I don't know how much longer I can withstand this winter. I don't mind the cold weather, nor the snow. In fact, I welcome it. Makes me think Al Gore is full of it with this global warming thing he's been promoting (yes I know that doesn't mean just warm weather, but the opposite can occur)!

But seriously, I'm over the weather. Bring on the sunshine and above freezing temperatures. Really. Am I asking a lot?

How about temps above zero for a start! I know I have a short walk to work, but with the damn wind chill, my coat and pants are stiff as cardboard by the time I traverse across the city!

Luckily, today could be the start of something good (yeah, right but one can dream right?). With the sun shining and temps just north of freezing Gilbert and I bundled up and headed out for some relatively fresh air in the city.

And the timing couldn't not have been more vital. Even Gil has had his fill of being couped up in the condo. I came out of the shower this morning to find him surfing the net. You know it is the hour of desperation when your newborn is IM'ing other newbies and watching movie trailers!

No comments: