Sunday, March 2, 2008

All Things Must Pass

To borrow the line from a George Harrison song. And boy do they. Yes, the streak has ended. Nine blissful nights of full sleep were shattered on Saturday evening.

Kristen had a hunch Gilbert would not make it through the night. He was a bit 'off' all day Saturday. We put him to sleep at his normal time and I drew Gil duty that night. Puked on his pj's about a minute after getting them on.About 10:30 he woke and then come midnight he was up agaain and was quite cranky. Oh yeah, he wet through those pj's. Took me an hour to get him back to sleep. And then up again at his normal time to eat. Oh yeah, he puked on those jammies. So, four changes later, we resumed our regular day activities. At that point I thought he'd probably be done.

I was quickly reminded of a line from City Slickers, "Day ain't over yet." I had to change my flannels and two t-shirts. Gil got Kristen at least twice also. It was a two-bath day for him.

He obviously wasn't feeling well. When we'd held him, he'd curl into our shoulder or tuck his head under our chin for comfort. No position for too long suited him, unless we wrapped him in what we call the 'ultimate snuggle blanket' in which he would quickly fall asleep. And sleep he did most of the day. Poor little man!

But Gil's a fighter. We still had some good moments and I must admit, I enjoyed napping with him on the couch!

No comments: