Saturday, August 1, 2009

Vacation - Part II

Returning from Houston it was a quick turnaround for the second leg of the vacation. Every year I play in a Ryder Cup-like event. The ladies come as well, but the kids stay at home. We were fortunately enough to have Kristen's parents come down and babysit Gilbert for the weekend. Thanks!

This year the Crony Cup was in Louisville. We played a fantastic course and I must admit my golf was the best it has been in awhile. Having played only seven rounds leading up to the cup I shot 70 on the practice round day and proceeded to play similar (but not quite as well!) winning two of my three matches while halving the third. Should have won all three! My team won and it was nice to notch another team win on my overall record. This was the tenth Cup (I've only been a part of four) so for those that have been at all ten it is quite an accomplishment. Already looking forward to next year!


On the evenings of each day we gather with the ladies and do a group event. This year we took part in a boat cruise so it was an excuse to dress up a bit. We got a nice photo along with one with Kristen's childhood friend, Mindi, through which I have become friends with her husband which primarily led to me being invited to the Crony in the first place!


No comments: