Tuesday, August 18, 2009

PJ's Dream List of Golf Courses To Play

After watching the PGA Championship for four days, I have added Hazeltine to my running wish list of courses that I want play before, you know, the golf gods take me away.

I have two lists; those that I have a shot at playing and those that I will likely never get to play. Disappointing, I know! And this is just the top 10 and for the US only!

Reasonable Chance Wish List (mostly public courses!)
  1. Pebble Beach, CA
  2. Bandon Dunes/Bandon Trail/Pacific Dunes, OR
  3. Pinehurst, NC
  4. Muirfield Village, OH
  5. TPC Sawgrass, FL
  6. Kiawah Island, SC
  7. PGA West, CA
  8. Shadow Creek, NV
  9. Erin Hills, WI
  10. Pumpkin Ridge, OR

No Chance Wish List

  1. Butler National - IL
  2. Pine Vally, NJ
  3. Liberty National - NYC
  4. Cypress Point, CA
  5. Augusta National, GA
  6. Chicago Golf Club, IL
  7. The Country Club, MA
  8. Olympic Country Club, CA
  9. Hazeltine National Golf Club, MI
  10. Rich Harvest Farms, IL

I recognize this might be a greedy list, but most golfers are a greedy bunch! I've been fortunate to play some great golf courses (Doral, Kapalua, TPC Woodlands, Whistling Straits, a lot of courses in Scotland!, and more). But why settle when there are so many good golf courses. So, if you have family, friends, anyone that can get me on my 'no chance' list, let me know!