Tuesday, May 12, 2009

School Boy

As of Monday, Gilbert now is a full-time student having started his enrollment at Montessori.
Leading up to the full day, Gilbert has been doing some half-days to become acclimated. Overall Little Man has done well, but the drop off has been tough. He starts to cry and rambles "Mama. Mama. Mama."

I dropped Gilbert off on his first full day so I could become familiar with the process. He walked in all proud and headed straight to his classroom. Once in he realized that it was time to go and he headed to me grabbed me and wanted to climb up so I could hold him. Being strong, we turned him into the room and walked out. We could hear him around the corner crying out, "Mama. Mama. MAMA!"

How tough to walk away when your little one wants to be comforted!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

It is tough but prolonging the good-bye makes it worse! Your're doing great!

Jenn said...

He looks so grown up! I hope the drop offs have gotten a little easier for everyone.

Evenson Family said...

Yes...you are RIGHT...but just wait...that was us five months ago...now we hardly get a good-bye hug & kiss...I think that "sucks" more!! He is a big boy...love the coat and sneakers. SO adorable!!