Friday, November 14, 2008

Kickin' It Old School

The family is asleep and I'm working on my presentations for a few meetings next week. Sitting on the table are DVDs for Gilbert we received during his first year. Looking to clear the clutter, I opened the packages, threw away the wrapping and was in the process of filing the DVDs into the collection (by alpha of course!) when I took the time to see what the DVDs were.

Well, one of the DVDs is School House Rock!; the 30th anniversary edition. Fondly remembering these shorts while watching cartoons on Saturday morning, I decided to play the DVD.

Wow! 158 minutes of School House Rock! Because the shorts are so old, I figured functionality would be limited.

WRONG!

The DVD comes as a 'jukebox'. I can select only the songs I want to hear. I can loop the shorts, repeat, etc. It is awesome! I'm Just A Bill is playing right now. Next up on the jukebox is Conjunction Junction!

The memories are flooding back to childhood. I can't wait to watch and share this gem with Gilbert!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is totally going in Stash's stocking- shh don't tell!