Friday, September 12, 2008

Samurai Jack

Got to love Netflix. A member now for awhile, I've sufficiently caught up on all the movies that I wanted to see (or at least those I remember!). Now I'm beginning to work through series (TV and cable).

While perusing I came across an old cartoon series I used to watch with zeal, Samurai Jack. It was on the Cartoon Network. Loved it. So, I added all the shows into my queue and last night watched the kickoff movie for the series. Awesome.

Samurai Jack is a smart, creative cartoon that is part animae/part still drawings. Check out all you need to know on its wiki page. The principles of the character are worth teaching (loyalty, discipline, righteousness, etc.). If you have boys, I recommend the show.
And the show has enough edge to even attract an older audience (I'm case in point! Although an argument can be made I'm actually just a big kid). Now if you excuse me I need to go practice my ka-ra-teh on my boss.

No comments: