Sunday, September 21, 2008

Memory Loss

That is the best phrase to describe my golf game from the weekend. As a refresher, Team Johnson was in Indy to see friends and I played in a charity golf outing. Excited to play, besides Doral, I hadn't played since July.

After my Doral experience I was feeling confident I could continue the good play. Yeah right! There is good and bad and then the way I played on Saturday...abysmal! It was like I had memory loss and forgot how to swing the damn golf club. My back was hurting, but that doesn't account entirely for my poor performance. Sure, I hit a few good drives, but otherwise I felt like a beginner. Equal parts embarrassed and pissed off, I plodded my way through the round searching for a glimmer of something familiar. Nope.

Mercifully, a big rain storm came in. Unfortunately, the round was cancelled. We were playing well and in potential contention to win. As a team we were something like 10 under through 12 holes. The best part was the golf outing raised $14k for the local chapter of the Tuberous Schlerosis Alliance.

Despite my poor performance it was great to just be out on the course playing with friends and having a good time. On Friday, our friends who were kind of enough to shelter us had an impromptu get together and it was great to see everyone. Kristen and I have gained some good friends in Indy over the past few years and it is always great to see them - which is never enough!

No comments: