Sunday, September 14, 2008

Kristen's Handbag Shopping Extravaganza!

Saturday might have been an abysmal day in the City, but it was golden for my wife! She was one of the fortunate to be invited to a warehouse sale for 1154 Lill Studio.

Started by a single woman who enjoyed making handbags in her spare time, she has created a brand identity that resonates well beyond the borders of Chicago. At 1154 Lill YOU design your own handbag! Chronicled in numerous magazines, 1154 Lill is one of Kristen's favorite handbag stores. The company even has their own blog!

A repeat customer, Kristen is on the mailing list and received an invite to attend the warehouse party. Limited to the first 600 respondents, the invitations were filled within a day!

After following her husband's sage advice, she departed early to ensure she was one of the first 50 and thus guaranteed to get the free gift - a sleek cosmetic bag.

So, while Kristen was away at play, Patrick was at home toiling. Yeah, right! Gilbert and I played, watched ESPN, and while he napped I actually did some of my various domestic duties!

I was in the kitchen when she came home and seeing her haul in a white garbage bag, my reaction was "Oh shit!". However, Kristen knows how to find a bargain and did she! First, the warehouse sale was of samples. Second, the bags were 50-75% off the retail price. As a result, Kristen came home, with what I must admit, were some fun bags (you knew I was going to find a way to say 'fun bags'!).

Being the incredibly caring husband that I am, I participated in the retelling of her morning (actually pretty cool - she met the owner, toured the warehouse and factory, and conversed with the designers that work for the company) and was treated to a showing of all four bags and how they will serve her well during work and play.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

I love that store! I visit their KC location frequently and I'm quite jealous of Kristen's invitation to their warehouse. Great choices though! I have the red tiger strip fabric under the flap of the purse on my own 1154 bag. So fun!

Ms. Mayhem said...

Oh, Lord...weren't you just giving me a hard time about my assortment of handbags? Hmmm....cute stuff Kristen :)

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm Robin with 1154 LILL Studio. I got a google alert that brought me to your blog - thanks so much for writing about Kristen's experience at our first ever sample sale! I love that she had such a great time and found such great bags. :) She may have been on one of my tours - it was amazing to meet so many LILL Fans! We were so proud and excited to be able to open up our LILL home to show people how LILL Bags come to life. I'd love to publish your post on our blog or our facebook page. Would that be okay with you? Please let me know! Thanks!
-Robin

Robin Newberry
1154 LILL Studio
robin@1154lill.com

Evenson Family said...

I am so jealous!!!!
How fun for Kristen...maybe that's what I ought to open in Dubai?
J/K...I have enough to do!!
Love the handbag in the featured picture. You know me, I'm a sucker for any handbag!!