Friday, August 29, 2008

Presentation

Yesterday was my day to take the stage. I gave my presentation and all went well. Lots of questions, lots of head nodding (not to fend off sleep!) and in the end a lot of agreement with what I was saying. Hopefully action will follow.

So far this trip to Me-aammi is shaping up to the be the best one. The days worth of meetings went well. The weather is hot, but there is a breeze. Went for another run last night on the beach and it felt like I could have run all night! And thankfully so as our dinner was a group event at China Grill and the portions were huge!

And of course the people in my meeting are great. For those of you with Latin friends or do work in central or South America, the culture is one of friendship and trust. They want to know you personally and trust you before they let you in or do business. Well, I must be earning their trust because I felt increasing more included as the day wore on and by nighttime, I was just another attendee. Not that guy from Chee-kago.

But damn, I need to learn Spanish.

No comments: