Wednesday, August 20, 2008

One Week From Today

I'll be in Miami. Specifically, South Beach. No, for work!

I'm excited as I've been chained to my desk for some time now. I miss traveling, but have enjoyed the routine of being home every night in order to spend time with Gilbert (and yes, my fantastic wife!).

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the trip. I'm presenting to other marketing/business development constituents in from all over South America. I'll be the only native in the room and at dinner I'll just sit and smile as I don't understand a word being said as the attendees slip into Spanish and Portuguese.

Looking to take advantage of my trip, I'm staying over an extra day to play the Blue Monster at Doral. Never thought I'd get the opportunity to play, but since I'm so close to the course how can I pass it up!

I always tell people traveling with golf clubs is a pain in the ass and not worth it unless you get at least two rounds in. Since I'm only staying an extra day, I'm going to play 36! Crazy, maybe. Fanatical, absolutely.

I'm just thankful the hurricane/tropical storm that is blowing through Florida hasn't ruined my trip!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

First, my husband is jealous that you get to play that golf course.

Secondly, love the new tooth Gilbert is sporting. He's such a handsome little man!

And third, I actually really enjoy watching football, that's why FF works for me, but it does get a bit old as the season wears on. Having my own team helps, but so does the fact that I get to go do "me" things while Tom watches football all day on Sundays. However, for your wife, it's really fun playing with your husband because then you have something fun to chat and compete with...not to mention kicking the suppposed "know-it-all-sports-fans" ass at his own game!