Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Croup

Little Man has the croup. Poor guy. Of course, it arrived the day after I traveled to Miami. We’ve been fortunately. 10 months young, all that has ailed Gilbert is a cold in his third week of life.

Reports from the homestead have detailed Gilbert’s struggles, apparently he can sling some snot when he sneezes. With germs aflyin’ Kristen stressed the need to sanitize the house. My response was, “How”? Call the CDC?

I feel for him and her (not much sleep) and it royally blows because I can do nothing as I sit on my butt in Miami waiting for my plane. I’ll be home around midnight and I’ve already told Kristen I get Gilbert duty (so she can sleep and I can get some time with Gilbert, even though he’s not feeling well). I can’t wait just to hold him, hug him, and comfort him. When he’s sleeping or very sleepy Gilbert likes to rest his head on our shoulder as we rub his back. I can’t wait!

No comments: