Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving...Recovering

Thanksgiving was fantastic! My parents arrived on Wednesday amidst the exodus of Chicagoans and arrival of well, shitty weather. The traffic was so severe, I couldn't get to the airport. So, I sent them on an adventure...taking the Orange Line from Midway in to the City. They survived, and Wednesday night was enjoying just the five of us hanging out and allowing them the opportunity to dote and get to know their grandson.

Thursday was all about me. Me cooking, me cleaning, me working hard. But I loved it. Kristen was able to relax, my Dad watched football, and my mom continued to hold Gil. Gil has been extremely loved! The weather continued to be questionable, with a good dusting of snow blanketing the city.

Friday, the skies cleared so we all ventured out for a walk to see the window decorations at Marshall Fields, er, Macy's on State Street. The wind was brisk so it was definitely an out-and-back kind of trip. The fresh air did everybody good, not to mention the walk began to burn the overload caloric intake from the night prior!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

glad to hear you guys had a nice turkey day- you certain have a lot to be thankful for this year!

Kristen- you look awesome!