Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Preparing for the Invasion

The peace that is our home is about to be shattered. My parents are coming to town. This is their first opportunity to see Gil, so the poor guy needs to be prepared to be loved, held, talked to, and basically smothered for three days. The poor guy is going to be begging for some private time in his crib!

Now, mom and dad, you know I'm just kidding! But I may have to resort to extreme measures and slip Valium into their coffee.

This promises to be a great Thanksgiving and just another addition to our growing list of firsts. First Thanksgiving in the condo. Gil's first Thanksgiving. All good stuff.

As I write this post, Kristen and I are sitting in Gil's room eating a dinner of hodgepodge as we clear the fridge in preparation for the big turkey day leftovers. He's laying on his back just making noises, waving his arms, kicking his legs, making fists, and simply enjoying some Gil 'private time'.

He's still a bit stuffy, snorting occasionally and then chewing on whatever he sucked in. If only I could teach him how to hauck a luggie!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!