Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Grandma is in the House!

One day into caring for Gil by herself and Kristen is already signalling the bullpen! Just kidding. Kristen's mom, Taya, is in town this week for a few days to get some 'Gil time' and help Kristen transition to flying solo during the weekdays.

Did I mention Taya brought steaks? Yes, juicy, thick fillets! Now that is how you win over my heart. Red meat! But seriously, it is nice to have her in town. Allows Kristen to grab some much needed shut eye during the day and have someone around for conversation while Taya gets to spend time with her grandson. Seems like a good deal, yes!

Day three of 'back to work' and all is well. I do find myself stealing away a few times a day to look at pictures I have of the little guy on my computer. Makes the day go by quicker knowing he's waiting for me (granted he's complete oblivious at this point) to come home.

Those of you with kids probably noticed this too, but I'm acutely aware of the small, subtle changes taking place with Gil. His facial expressions are increasing as is his strength. Everyday he seems to be developing muscle strength to hold his head up and my current favorite grip my finger and hold on tightly. As for his legs, he's definitely a kicker! Loves to flail those things around. Cracked me a few times in the process.

No comments: