Thursday, October 9, 2008

What Day Is It?

You know the day is approaching when you hear the garbage trucks making the rounds. It is 4:37am as I write this post and I'm approaching 24 hours without sleep. I've been up all night and now creeping into the morning working on a proposal for work. Kind of taxing, but kind of cool, I'm working in concert with our Sydney and London offices at the same time - morning, day, and night all represented!

Anyway...I have Gilbert's monitor in case he stirs so Kristen can sleep. Yep, multitasking! Well, he was making some noise so I turned on the video to see Gilbert sitting up in his crib. But something was amiss. He was slowly, slightly swaying from side-to-side. HE WAS SLEEPING SITTING UP! Crazy kid!

I went in to lay him down and he popped awake. A quick hug and snuggle and he feel asleep on my shoulder. He was so warm, I didn't want to put him back down.

He's going to be awake in an hour and I will have not slept. Thursday promises to bean interesting day as I'll likely have to repeat my all-nighter.

No comments: