Saturday, July 26, 2008

Delicious Dilemma

Delicious is doing well. Still occupying my freezer, it is slowly dwindling. I have a dilemma though. I want to enjoy Delicious, but the more I enjoy, the less I have. Quite a dilemma!

I'm the same way with wine. I like seeing my wine fridge stocked, but I enjoy drinking the wine. I don't want to be out of my favorite bottle, but I want to drink it as well.

I know what you are thinking. JUST BUY MORE! Well, sure, that is an easy solution. But, I can be stingy in that respect, thus my dilemma.

ANYWAY! The latest Delicious discovery was flank steak. Kristen LOVES flank steak, so this was a particularly dicey endeavor as she was comparing Delicious to what we typically buy from Costco.

The end result. She liked it, but probably not as much as what she is used to. That is her dilemma. Kristen compares Delicious to what is known, the store bought steak. I'm working on her to accept that it is not a better/worse comparison, but that it is not an apple-to-apple comparison. Appreciate each for its own characteristics!

I'll be reaching in to the freezer tonight for some more Delicious. Outside the roasts (which I'll hold until the winter) I'm down to the good stuff - sirloin, NY strip, ribeye. Tough decision. Great, another dilemma!

No comments: