Thursday, July 24, 2008

Bribery Leads To Corruption

You witnessed the earlier video post of Gilbert's energetic attempts to rollover. Continue my efforts to get him on his belly to spur the early stages of ground mobility, I have begun to bribe, er, entice him with treats.

Gilbert likes puffs. Sweet potato is his favorite (might be becuase this was the first food introduced to him), but he'll eat anything at this point. So, I began to place the puff container outside of arms reach so he would work on hopefully crawling toward it. As this video shows, he'll spend enough time to complete his task and roll over. So, in essence the bribery is working!




Well, bribery works in part, but often leads to corruption!

1 comment:

The Mom of 'em said...

CUTE! I hate those Puffs lids though - they never stay on! I can't tell you how many times we've scooped those darn things up off of the floor because of it. I probably shouldn't warn you about how extremely hard it is once they crawl? =-) But of course it is fun to watch them reach each milestone - no matter how much more work it is for us.