Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Everyone Is A Critic

I just had my annual performance review. I actually enjoy this process as it helps me truly identify what I do well along with focusing on what really needs improvement.


What I always find interesting is the wide range of the comments received from my internal clients - the partners - and which represents the essence of what is the challenge in what I do...setting and meeting expectations on an individual basis despite the overall similarities in every project.

I have some that feel I'm "first rate" and "upbeat". My favorite comment is... "If we could clone him, I think the firm would benefit greatly." My wife might disagree!

At the same time, there are some that are less enthusiastic noting my "carelessness", my poor "work ethic", and my absolute favorite comment "...displays exasperating mediocrity". Nice.

So, my goals for the new year are to investigate cloning technology and find a way to be less irritatingly mediocre! Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Well, we all think you're great and miss seeing you, the wife, and the little man!