Tuesday, June 3, 2008

White Caps

I finally got a good look into Gilbert's mouth last night and saw not one, but two white caps just breaking through the surface of his lower gum.

Our feeding routine is solid food (last night's fare included oatmeal cereal and sweet potatoes) followed by a boob topper (Kristen hates it when I reference 'boob'). Once Gilbert is done, he's usually in a playful mood sits on Kristen's lap exploring by touching/grabbing her hair face, nose, clothes, etc.

I was sitting next to them enjoying it all when she began to tickle him and he'd open his mouth wide to laugh. It has been difficult to get a good look into his mouth. As parents, you know the challenge. Whenever you force something, the kid rebels. I'd stick my finger over his gums and his tongue would shoot out or he'd grab my hands away. But last night I was able to look right into his mouth (as drool poured out) and see the tops of his bottom two teeth. One is ahead of the other and still has a nice jagged edge. At least, Kristen tells me it is sharp!

No comments: