Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Delicious Update

Just received word Delicious will be ready for pick up on June 15th. Oh yeah! Can't wait to get Delicious on the grill. I'm all stocked up on spices and dry rubs. To round out my arsenal, I picked up two types of BBQ sauce from local establishment Smoke Daddy.
The sauces are quite good and low in sugar (reduces the burn and charring of heavy sugared sauces). The sugar that is present is naturally occurring from the molasses that is used as opposed to pure cane sugar added for taste.
BBQ sauce tip: don't apply your sauces until just prior to the meat being finished. For example, for juicy skinless, chicken breasts as the breasts near completion apply to the top and turn over for 1-2 minutes. Apply to the other side and repeat. The sauce will be warm without charring the chicken. Of course, for brisket or other slow-grilling meats, the sauce will be more integral. Chances are you will combine it with a mop sauce as well.

Smoke Daddy sells three flavors here. I bought their Original and Sweet and Smokey. I have yet to test the flavors on my existing inventory, but have sampled it on some coldcuts and the flavors are fantastic!

No comments: