Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Last Day of Work

No, I did not win the lottery. Damn it! But I did receive something close. My firm provides paternity leave, so starting tomorrow I get three weeks off from work! Hooray for me!

The leave is good for one year and can be taken anytime. I opted to wait instead of using the leave after Gilbert's arrival. Must admit that was a shrewd decision on my part. Now, he's more active, it is summer and we can enjoy the three weeks outside.

What am I going to do you ask? Well, there will be travel. Leaving for Houston on Thursday to see my folks and take advantage of 90+ degree days for some sun and fun in their pool. Then the following week we'll be in Ann Arbor visiting Kristen's brother for the 4th of July and meeting Gilbert's new cousin. The last week we'll be in Indiana for my annual Crony Cup golf tournament. In between all those trips I will be taking in a healthy dose of golf and quality time with Gilbert. I see multiple trips to Gymboree and visits to the park in our future.

I can not wait!

No comments: