Monday, June 30, 2008

Back From Houston

The first week of my paternity leave was a good one! Team Johnson packed up our wares and headed to Houston for an extended weekend of family fun.

Gilbert was fantastic on the plane rides. We learned a lot about when we should travel with him. The outbound flight was early in the morning and our return late at night. He was great in both instances, but the evening flight was more taxing on him. Clearly tired and ready for sleep, Gilbert's slumber was repeatedly interrupted by transfers from car to plane, plane to stroller, stroller to car, car to bed. Poor guy!


The weather was humid and HOT! Everyday was over 90 degrees and we loved it! My P's have a pool - most do in Houston; a requisite to survive the summers - and we used the opportunity to introduce Gilbert to the water. He was hesitant at first, but quickly embraced the water and enjoyed all his time in it!

My sister, her husband and their daughter came down for the weekend too! And during their visit we celebrated the birthday's of both my niece and myself (we share the same day!). I also played a few rounds of golf with my dad and brother-in-law and otherwise just enjoyed the concept of vacation. Kristen and I even went out for a dinner date!

No comments: