Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Tired of playing with rings and rattles for four months, we gave Gilbert an Easter present of balls to play with (I struggled with this opening line and no matter how I wrote it I giggled).

He loves playing with his balls! (Giggle again!). At first they were too big for him to pick up. (I can't help myself). But quickly his thumb and forefinger dexterity began to work in tandem and he can now pick up any of his balls (okay no more).

Each ball varies in weight and texture and Gilbert definitely has his favorites (sorry!). He likes the one with a rattle. It is the lightest of the bunch and has diversity in textures.

When all the balls are on his tray and he starts to roll them around on the surface he gets all excited and begin to flap his arms as he watches them roll around. Makes us laugh. It is fun to watch Gilbert get excited and worked up over his toys or any little thing that stimulates him.

3 comments:

Ms. Mayhem said...

We have these same balls. (giggling)

The Mom of 'em said...

where do I get some of those round objects =-)...seriously...I'd like to buy some for my little guy.

PJ said...

Found them at Toys'R'Us. Called Roll-a-Rounds.