Sunday, January 6, 2008

Sleeping Upright

In the early weeks, any time we would hold Gilbert against our chest (whether sitting or walking around), he craned his neck. Call it a reflex to having his face laying against something or was Pavlovian to tummy time.

However, in the past two weeks he's finally begun to relax when we hold him against our bodies. Now to the point where he'll actually cuddle up and fall asleep. For me, I love it! Now I can lay back on the sofa, watch a little tele or take a nap myself, and relax my hold without worrying about Gil suddenly arching up and flying off me.



The downside is now when we do 'tummy time' he has the tendency just to lay there and drift off. Either he's comfortable with his ability to lift his head and no longer finds the need to amuse us or he's realized his nug has become so large that the effort to raise it up isn't worth it!

No comments: