Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Back in the Groove

Sorry for not posting lately. Took the weekend just to relax and get acclimated to being home after a week in London. Our sitter-nanny has started and she is working while Kristen is still at home to get in the groove of how Gilbert operates.

Gilbert changed greatly during my week away. His sounds have evolved and now his range of noises, gurgles, squeals has broadened. As I write this blog he's carry on a fantastic conversation with himself!

He's also grown, or more accurately filled out. Gil's dexterity hs improved too as he's discovered how to suck on his hands with ease, but still hasn't located his thumb!
With greater vision comes the desire to see more. His favorite vantage point currently is to look over your shoulder. He props up his forearm on our shoulder so he can survey the back 40. And when he is on the ground, he loves to stand up (as demonstrated by this picture).
One thing we have to be careful of is the television. We don't have it on much, but if he sees it we lose him. He'll just stare intently at it and zone out. Same thing for the computer screen. Personally, I think it is just the illumination coming from the screen. One time I caught him staring at the glowing blue light coming off the DVR. The light had the diameter of a quarter!

It was definitely to get back out on the road for travel, especially to a cool city like London, but nothing beats being at home with Kristen and Gilbert!

1 comment:

Ms. Mayhem said...

yeah..this weather is a stinker. I am headed in to Chi-Town tomorrow if I feel like it is reasonable to do so. Not sure on meeting for drinks, I am presenting at night (6-7:30pm)downtown and then staying in west suburbs. Not sure it would work, but I have your cell number. If we don't connect...I ABSOLUTELY PROMISE to make a point to visit soon!!! I mean it!