Friday, December 21, 2007

Quality Time

Starting today I have a strech of seven days at home; all for spending with Gil and Kristen. Been looking forward to it! Kristen has been out all day today visiting friends and some old co-workers so it has been just 'Daddy and Gil' time today.

We had a nice bath, some good naps, and tummy time. He's sleeping right now so I'm taking advantage of the quiet to wrap presents and post this blog. Gil feel asleep toward the end of the bath and was snoring before I could get his pj's on! Definitely asleep at the wheel, I'd say! Oh yeah, with Kristen gone, I can raid the cookie jar unabated now that it is loaded from Kristen baking all week!

Ooh, I can see on the monitor Gil's stirring. Got to go!

A few hours later...

I'm back. This is a big weekend for Team Johnson. We have the Lawrence family Christmas on Saturday and with Gil we now have four generations of Lawrence's. Should be fun! Sunday will be Christmas with the family in Niles - Dave, Kathy, Katie, Ryan and Shannon - as we are all going to be at our respective homes for Christmas Day.

It will be interesting to see how well Gil travels, is passed around among all the family members, and what happens to his routine. He's been such a fantastically dispositioned baby so far, I hope the true Gil continues to shine through the weekend. Stay tuned...

No comments: