Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Warning Signs

That is what I expected to see. A tree branch here, a pile of twigs there. I'd read about it in books and witnessed countless birds and other aviary creatures do it. So I was looking for the signs, but they never arrived.

Then, without warning it arrived on Friday. Kristen was in NESTING mode! No sooner had I dropped the computer bag, she rifled off a list of things to do in the condo. New rug here, light fixture there. Being the tough guy that I am, I recoiled in fear, curled up in the corner and hoped to wait out the storm yearning for my wife to return. NO SUCH LUCK!

But seriously, Kristen was in prime nesting mode. What a sight to witness. She took charge. Felt like one of her day laborers on a design job! So last weekend we hung pictures and new drapery, purchased a new sofa, tidied up the nursery, switched from summer to autumn in the condo's theme (my involvement was to simply get the boxes to and from storage with all the seasonal 'stuff') and rearranged items throughout the condo all in preparation for Baby J. I'm sure when we bring him home he'll comment on plushness of the new sofa and appreciate our taste in abstract art.

The nesting tornado departed on Sunday, just in time for the Bears game, thankfully!

No comments: