Thursday, August 30, 2007

State of Perpetuity

Ladies, you know what I'm talking about. At some point toward the end of your pregnancy the inevitable sets in. For us, that happened last week.

We have eight weeks to go and it is official. Kristen is in a constant state of being uncomfortable. Oh joy!

Baby J is either sitting on her bladder, pushing into her rib cage, or doing some inutero breakdancing. The result? A constant flow of "Uhh" and "Ooofff" coming from my wife in response to the little guy's constant maneuvers.

Bending over to pick things up requires assistance and sleep, well, let's not go there. She doesn't sleep, so I don't sleep. And I thought we bought a memory foam mattress so I can sleep while she wrestles restlessly!

But how fun is it to see the kid moving just under the surface. I swear, he's coming out with green skin, scales and a forked tongue the way he rolls and moves around in there!

As for being constantly uncomfortable, Kristen claims she feels good during the day, but it is at night that the condition sets in. Then again, maybe it is just the effect of being around me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, girl! Eight weeks truly will fly by.