Friday, August 3, 2007

If it was up to the men, the human race would go extinct

Let's face the ugly truth. If it were not for women, the species of humans would go extinct. Not because we need women, you know, to do that thing we do, but rather to deal with the aftermath of when that thing we do is a success.

I watch what Kristen has to go through in utter amazement. I have a high tolerance for pain and discomfort, but to subject myself to it voluntarily. I DON'T THINK SO!

Now don't get me wrong, overall Kristen's pregnancy has been easy (scratch that, is pregnancy ever 'easy'), er, typical, in comparison to what it could be, but my sympathy for the daily challenges she faces.

I'm not even going to address the 'clothes don't fit syndrome', but add together heartburn, leaky (fill in the blank here), swollen feet, skin challenges, mood swings (for example, she was just irked with me yesterday and I did nothing to deserve it. We'll at least this time. She says, "I just woke up mad at you." Thanks a lot!), and game changing swings in appetite and the cold truth is this...you ladies are every man's hero for 9 1/2 months.

1 comment:

Ms. Mayhem said...

Yea, don't forget that PJ! And you're wife will also amaze you as a mother! It's almost scary the power we have...ha ha. Hugs to all-C