Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Pedialyte. It is not just for kids anymore...

Kristen just had her first shower. Hosted by her sister and sister-in-law in Michigan at a very cool, quaint castle-turned-B&B, all the women in her family were in attendance.

Arriving back on Sunday with her treasure trove of Baby J goodies, I noticed a bottle of what is called Pedialyte. New to me, I decide to do some research. The experienced mom knows about this product already, but basically Pedialyte is an electrolyte replenisher for kids who are sick and dehydrated. Pretty cool. Hats off to the person who invented this gem of an item!

However, turns out Pedialyte has other benefts.

On Monday I'm at my therapist (PHYSICAL!) and I'm telling her about this stuff. And she - her name is Erin btw, informs me of this nutjob of a runner that did 50 ultramarathons in fifty days - one in each state - including 146 miles across Death Valley. Turns out he attributed his success to Pedialyte. Drank 8 gallons of this stuff during the Death Valley run. The stuff is a child's version of Gatorade sans all the sugar.

Maybe he's on to something...

3 comments:

Ms. Mayhem said...

I like the notation of "physical"...because of course that needed clarifying!!!

Anonymous said...

Is it just me or does my hubby have way too much time on his hands? If I could just get him to put this much effort into rubbing my feet. Just teasing PJ- keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Does he work? He does seem to have a lot of time on his hands, but you can tell he is so excited to be a daddy! He's going to be awesome at that role.
Bets anyone that Patrick will start to drink Pedialyte?