Monday, May 19, 2008

Kristen's Birthday

Yesterday was Kristen's birthday. Now a ripe age of 33, Gilbert and I treated her to a little breakfast in bed. She had minimal demands, coffee and a 'sweet'. I think she just wanted to enjoy me having to actually go into a coffee shop and order coffee! Everyone knows how much I enjoy coffee!

So, I bundled up Gilbert (freshly awake from his sleep) and we trodded on down to the local Starbucks to grab a Soy Latte Grande something and a few baked goods. And yes, the Sunday Tribune.

Back at the condo, I made scrambled eggs (with cheese. Kristen likes cheese) and throw in some fruit and wha-la! Breakfast!

We lounged around for the morning knowing we had a wedding to attend later that day.

Kristen's present you ask? Well, Daddy and Gilbert combined their financial resources and spoiled Kristen with a new 'bag'. Oversized purse if you ask me.

Wandering around the neighborhood she stumbled upon a boutigue - Bess & Loie - and was raving about this bag she saw. Being the attentive husband that I am, I deftly asked a few more questions to learn about the bag and visited the store a few days later and made the purchase.

I am pleased to report Kristen was surprised!

2 comments:

Ms. Mayhem said...

Details, PJ...which bag was it? I saw a cute yellow number that sparked my interest:)

PJ said...

The website has only a smattering of the bags available.

The store only carries one bag of each as they are handmade and kitschy.

And as a result cost more!