Sunday, May 25, 2008

Chef PJ

Another week of homemade baby food preparation took place. Learning from my first round of errors, I was determined to create baby food Gilbert's pallate would accept.

This time I went to the greens. Peas and beans, that is. First up, peas. These were quite easy and very quickly I converted the frozen peas into a smooth puree. Gilbert feasted on them all week!

Last night I moved on to beans. I purchased a good quantity of fresh green beans, prepped them and also was able to make a fine puree! Making a large batch, I filled two baby jars and then put the rest of the food in an ice cube tray to freeze and save for later. Now, all I have to do is pop out one of the bean cubes, let it thaw and presto, baby food!

Once the greens are a staple of Gilbert's diet the next step will be sweet potatoes and fruit. Maybe a pear!

No comments: