Thursday, May 1, 2008

Back In Therapy

Today was my first day for physical therapy following losing a game of chicken. And the PT center thought they were permanently rid of my after my stint following knee surgery. Oh, were they wrong!

Actually, they were glad to see me. Life of the party, I am! They asked about 'GM' as he's known there, the wife, etc. It was good to see them as well. Nice people, good therapists. They really do care for the well-being of their patients.

So, I have a different therapist this time. Mary. Lots to talk about. She'd been dislodged from her bike on more than one occasion. So she can relate. Anyway, my first visit was nothing more than a battery of tests to determine my current physical state (a mess!) and the best course of action. I knew I was sore and stiff, but in expert hands I realize I am even worse! The back is still inflamed and I tight throughout. Left side is worse.

Looks like my visits will consist of stretching and massages. No, I'm not at a spa. This is gonna hurt! But I'm applying the same philosophy used for my knee therapy. This is an opportunity to come out better than I was prior to the accident. I like massages. And their massage therapist rocks!

No comments: